Wednesday 20 November 2013

Style Sheet

Style Sheet:


To have a style sheet is to plan out what kind of colours and design is to be used. It helps to set the theme and tone through the items that are being produced. It is important to keep things such as colours, font and style consistent because it means that viewers will be able to easily and quickly recognise the product, where its from and who made it through things such as the logo and business card.

Firstly I done some research into colour wheels:



Different colours can mean many different things. Emotions and feelings can be shown through colours. For example, Red can display intense fire & blood, energy, war, strength and danger. At the same time it can display passion and love. Many brands look into this aspect in order to come out with a great brand logo. This is an example of good logos:






I needed to decide on a colour to choose. After the research I decided to go forward with brown. I found it to be serious but simple. A down-to-earth colour signifying stability, structure and support. In colour psychology, brown is honest, genuine and sincere. It relates to hard working  the industrious and reliable, with both feet planted firmly on the ground. It is sensual, sensitive and warm, engulfing one in a feeling of calmness and comfort. With that in mind, I found that the barbell and name "Superior Studios" further shows the strength and stability of my brand. I want my brand to be dominant and strong, placing a foothold in the industry and there to stay.




With the newly acquired knowledge of colour theory and psychology, I had to take a look into a font style that will fit the theme of my logo. I done some research into this:





I experminted with the different types of fonts with the name of my logo. I asked my friends which one was the best to fit my logo. I found a liking to Snap ITC because of its simplicity and cartoony style. My logo and colour show strength and stability but I wanted to implement that touch of simplicity and easy to understand.







Once all the research had been done, I made this style sheet:


No comments:

Post a Comment